January 5, 2017

2017 - New year, new me right?



Well lets face it, me, like many others had a pretty rubbish 2016. I'm trying to look on the positive side and accept any hard things only make you stronger. I just wish it had spaced it out a little ha ha. But there is always something refreshing about a new year, it feel like everything that was too hard before is now achievable.

Like my blog posts (you should see the number of draft blog posts I wrote in the second half of last year) as I would always start to share and then decide what I had created or made was not enough or I wasn't happy with it. To be honest I had hit a creative lull, as I work in a different industry its sometimes hard to come home and start to create but ironically I get very antsy and frustrated when I don't create. It helped that in December my workplace did a little makers market as there are so many talented people who create outside of our jobs.There is a photo of my little store above. Its the first real time I have put my work into prints and to get such positive feedback was so uplifting, plus it forced me to actually do the work.

I also in the last year kicked a fitness goal, I wanted to get healthier woo hoo! I lost a bit of weight, got fitter, started to eat well. I had struggled really understanding a work life balance - I suppose everyone who gets their first, full time 9 to 5 job (or a 9:30 to 6pm in my case) struggles with. Its something people can't teach you, you have to fine tune it which usually means you can't fit everything in at first.

Lastly the pictures below are of home, I went back to the Otways to stay with mum for my 2 week holidays. We went down to beautiful Johanna beach and picked some wild daisies on the drive back. I also have started to create some new work - some silk scarves. I created some trials for the markers market and have now made a few more to test how they will sell. I will have them up on my blog for sale (or maybe on my etsy) as soon as I get some nice pictures to really show the design but for now enjoy my making pictures.

To all those who have followed my blog, even in my absence - Thank you so much for your support and I hope I can show you a more creative side this year. And to all those who also had a terrible 2016, I hope 2017 shines even brighter for you as you've deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment